2008-09-23

The Terror Dream


[An entry from my diary – 22nd November 2002]


A few days back, I dreamt a mind threatening dream. My flesh shivered into goose bumps for the fear of loosing my loving ones especially my dear brother.


I saw, as we all family members were in some sought of hostel like building and staircase as one in my granny’s house. So, it was a mixture of both, as it was just only a dream. Then I saw we were beleaguered and attacked. It seemed that some sought of war has broken out. Fighter planes were just above our head and we were hiding ourselves in rooms, corners and some other places with no hopes left. We were all shattered on our part with lost hopes.


Further in dream, there seemed to be some truce. In that, I saw my father infact my mother sending my brother to market to bring some essentially important accessories and I was not letting him go for the fear of something happening to him. I was crying and vociferating that we can live like that, we don’t need anything and instead I need my brother. Then my father was scolding me that don’t act like a kid, it’s essential to go. If not him than someone else ought to go…Then all the dream got blurred with painstakingly bleak sounds of planes and jets following it.


The dream was really absurd but for the first time did I realizes what would have happened to the people at the time of partition (probably this feeling came first as I saw movie ‘Gadar’ just a month back). But what’s the need of delving such deep, it has happened with the people of Gujarat just few months back- my aunt has suffered it. It is happening with the people of Kashmir, with the people of PalestineIsraelAfghanistan… with the people of…….and so on it’s going on happening and happening.

View blog reactions

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fear not sister. Allah chooses whom he wills for martydom. Please read the surah about the people of the ditch. They were all burned alive and massacred. But Allah says they gained the supreme victory. Because they held firm to their deen right up until the end.

This life is but a test.

Post a Comment

Writer's Xone Headline Animator